The daily mail (yes I read it- but come on now, don’t pretend you don’t as well) wrote an article about how sugar was as addictive as drugs. I can’t tell you if that’s true, but I can defiantly tell you I’ve had my fair share of sugar highs in the past.
Glorious, sweet, sugary candy; Forget my teeth, I want it all!
So one evening, with a (overly sweet) cocktail in my hand, Caroline happened to mention that an old friend of hers (The Mistress of Macarons, above) had just opened a Macaron and Marshmallow shop. But not just any old corner shop-esque sugar land, no no, this was in Kensington darrrrrling. I think it might be a little better than my locals 2 for £1 flumps?
Rows upon rows of Macarons filled the sweet, girlie shop. Every colour and flavour imaginable was there, but all with that slight Kensington twist; Fruit of the Orchid, Earl Grey, Lavender. Oh go on then, you can have good old raspberry ripple too!
I said there was rows upon rows!
Now I’ve only ever had 1 macaron in my life and that was at an afternoon tea. It was nice yes, but I just never felt the urge to go down to M&S or heaven forbid Laduree and by myself a box.
However as they say, never judge one on comparisons to others (Ok I just made that up, but I think it’s rather wise don’t you?) .
Here goes… (Oh what a taxing ordeal I have)
The consistency, the filling, the taste; it was just harmonious. Left on the tongue, it melted slightly, letting the flavour defuse out.
The Earl Grey was such a surprise, but for me, specifically their pistachio macaron was outstanding. I don't usually like pistachio because the flavour often comes across as artificial but you knew this was the real deal.
The whole shop is just beaultiful. No expense spared when it comes to the interior, including the gorgeous presentation boxes.
Even the windows are sugar coated. Mmmm I'm in candy land!
Of course if Macarons really aren't your thing, have you had posh marshmallows? No me niether. Like I said, my sugar fix tends to come from the flump aisle in Tesco.
I will admit I was prepared for sugar overload, however there is something in them than has given them balance. I have no idea how they are made, so I can't tell you (I should have asked, but I was too busy stuffing my face), however they are so light and heavenly.
You can also pop in for a hot chocolate or if like me, maybe something less angelic...


Perfect for presents or you know, your own "present to yourself", let the Mistress of Macrons spell bind you, as like the Daily Mail said, I certainly left on a high.
www.angesdesucre.com
1 Holland Street
Kensington
London



























0 Comments