The Easter Holidays ended with a splendid blog meet up in Stratford-upon-Avon on Saturday organised by Gilly from Gilly makes. We went to Sew me Something haberdashery where I had already promised myself the Kate dress pattern after seeing the ones that Gilly had made.
In fact by Sunday I had made quite a start on the pattern, more on that another day.
We chatted about normal things like: using other peoples wheelie bins without asking, buying an overlocker out of someone else's money, how some men are good at taking blog photos and videos, hiring a pineapple for a dinner party, slug control; of course and a good old compare of crochet stylistics. It was fun and comforting to know that as a group of craft bloggers, we never ran out of topics of conversation the whole day.
There was exercise too, holding our own body temperature alone used up plenty of calories especially for those without a cardigan (you know who you are!)but the walk down to the River Avon gave us plenty of photo opportunities.
Lots of bloggers together seemed to end up with people taking photos of people taking photos of people taking photos of ducks but it was all jolly good fun all the same. Did I mention the gifts? We had lovely crafty gifts...
Jane from Plain Jane realised it was a rabbit after about 4 hours into the day but to be honest I was turning it round and round thinking 'where are the chicken's feet?' until, like a magic eye picture, a cute little Easter bunny appeared before my eyes. It is a fantastic little pressie, I love it.
'Daisy' from Lazy Daisy Jones gave us funky crochet slugs while I had the pleasure of sitting next to her TOH, you may know him as Mr February, he was delightful company. The wonderful host herself handed out a pretty and useful pin cushion jar. I am so going to copy that idea for my auntie for her birthday.
Finally the juiciest cherry brooch from Amy at Love made my Home. She was the giggliest, most heartwarming person I have met in a long while. What a joy. I like to make people laugh but Amy was easy pickings for the whole day, I probably said too many swear words but I really enjoyed her company over afternoon tea. It was great to meet you Amy.
The last triumph for me after a brilliant couple of weeks was that on Sunday night Big Sis learnt to Treble crochet and my heart skipped a beat. She made a granny square and I had to coax her to bed because, just like her mum, she wanted to start a whole blanket at 7:15pm! I only have myself to blame.
Thank you Gilly for a fabulous blog meet up and to all the bloggers who were such great company but not mentioned here for fear of mixing them up all the wrong people with the wrong blogs!
Have a great week folks, whatever you are up to.
Jo xxxx

0 Comments