Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Knitting for boys

The stash busting is going well so far but there was a huge donation at the Education Centre where I work last month and it was way too much for our manager to even store so staff were encouraged to take some if we were knitters or crocheters - are you kidding? 
I am both. 



I used up one ball of Aran I had left over from this cardigan and mixed it with some grey I thrifted from work in early February to start a little bit of boy knitting. I have a friend of a friend who loves a bit of hand-knitwear for her little boy.


In fact I had quite a haul. Oh dear! this cupboard emptying is so difficult but I have to remember I have not bought anything - promise - so my 2017 pledge still stands. This isn't even all of it!


It turned out jolly nice and I enjoyed the colour change and the cables. The pattern is from Sirdar. I am looking at yarn books in a whole new light. I usually skim over the boys stuff and go straight to the girls patterns so I am discovering many new designs to try.


This was a really enjoyable knit.


These little boy knits are perfect at the moment as my shoulder injury is easing up and I do not want to overdo it on the knit or crochet front so small projects are the way to go. They take about one whole week of evening knitting each.


The little boy needs a larger head gap so I have made this three button shoulder modification for him to get it on and off  comfortably.


Thanks for modelling little fella! 


 



In conclusion, 4 balls gone but 24 back in the cupboard!!! 
(Witch-like cackling noise ensues) 
Jo x

I am linking up with Thistlebear this week to show my winter knitting projects.

Post a Comment

0 Comments