This was quite a difficult challenge for me.
Made me realize I should have kept all those dozens
of blurred photos which I guess expressed movement -
and perhaps were not really bad pictures - instead of
dumping them in the TRASH.
Anyway here goes - two, and I admit it, accidentally
captured movement shots I did keep - and one I created
myself with assistance from magical PicMonkey. All were
taken with the Canon 7D.
myself with assistance from magical PicMonkey. All were
taken with the Canon 7D.
Mumbai, India 2012. The morning commute.
Arrival of a Ladies Train, allowing safe transportation
for women only.
The Victoria Terminus railway station built back in the
days of British rule, now named Chatrapati
Shivaji Maharaja Terminus, is the largest railway station
in the east.
If you watched the amazing movie Slumdog Millionaire you
will be familiar with it as many scenes were shot here.
If you watched the amazing movie Slumdog Millionaire you
will be familiar with it as many scenes were shot here.
Great Egret - Botswana, Africa - 2012
OK, this is one and the same Great Egret taken with
the Canon 7D - and I was at last able to get photos of
African birds in flight.
So, for this challenge, I've taken two of the photos of
this beautiful bird taking off from its nest on the
Okavango Delta, merged them using PicMonkey's 'collage'
option, and that was about it. No blur really needed as
it's obvious the bird is moving those huge wings and
experiencing the joy of flight.
Oh to be able to do that!
the Canon 7D - and I was at last able to get photos of
African birds in flight.
So, for this challenge, I've taken two of the photos of
this beautiful bird taking off from its nest on the
Okavango Delta, merged them using PicMonkey's 'collage'
option, and that was about it. No blur really needed as
it's obvious the bird is moving those huge wings and
experiencing the joy of flight.
Oh to be able to do that!
Aomori, Japan - 2013
Riding a bus up through the snowy woodland on
Mt. Hakkoda-san, the name given to a range of dormant
volcanoes on Aomori Island, was exciting and scenic.
Mt. Hakkoda-san, the name given to a range of dormant
volcanoes on Aomori Island, was exciting and scenic.
While moving at quite a clip through the beautiful
virgin forestland, I was able to catch this shot from
the window - snow blown against the tree trunks and on the
ground, but also young green leaves visible on the treetops.
I think you get the feel of sideways movement here - and
perhaps I should blow up this shot and frame it as to
me it's more like a painting.
virgin forestland, I was able to catch this shot from
the window - snow blown against the tree trunks and on the
ground, but also young green leaves visible on the treetops.
I think you get the feel of sideways movement here - and
perhaps I should blow up this shot and frame it as to
me it's more like a painting.
Be sure to stop over at Donna's September Personal Photo
Challenge HERE, I'm sure there will be some very
interesting shots this month.





0 Comments