It's the month of June, and soon it will be summer. It is the season when strawberries become plentiful, affordable and fresh! If you are looking for a delicious cake to make that incorporates fresh luscious strawberries, look no further than Southern Living Magazine's Strawberry Dream Cake!
This cake would be perfect to make for any celebration. It is a flavorful, pound cake like density, vanilla/almond flavored cake covered with a "not too sweet" whip cream and mascarpone cheese combination frosting. Juicy, sweet strawberries become its main attraction both in flavor and decoration.
When I saw this cake on the May issue of Southern Living Magazine I knew I wanted to make it for dessert for a dinner party my husband and I were hosting at our home. It was a big hit, with our guests, and one even asked me to pose with the magazine when I showed them where I found the recipe. As you can see, from the photos, when the cake is cut the inside will reveal rows of strawberries immersed upright inside the frosting. It makes a very pretty presentation and the standing strawberries makes the cake high and impressive looking.
I enjoyed making and eating this cake so much that I soon made it a second time to bring to another dinner party. I've always loved Southern Living Magazine's recipes, and I'm glad to find another one that will be a favorite summer cake for me to make when strawberries are at their best.You can find the full recipe on the Southern Living recipe site click here.
Some who also tried the recipe mentioned in their reviews on the recipe site that they felt the recipe did not make enough frosting, but I did not have that trouble at all. I would suggest if your strawberries are extra large you might want to make a larger amount of frosting to compensate for their size inside the cake.
We had another special celebration lately---it was my youngest granddaughter's first birthday! She enjoyed her first taste of birthday cake -and ate the entire piece with gusto. It is hard for me to believe that she is already one. Time passes too quickly, but we feel very blessed to live close enough to see her grow up and to enjoy all her milestones. Spending time with our grandchildren is the best part of our life right now, and we cherish every moment!
Wishing everyone a very Happy Father's Day!
I'm linking this post to the following blog events:
Seasons, Amaze Me Monday, Blue Monday, Monday of Many Blessings, Through My Lens Monday, Mosaic Monday, Life Through the Lens Monday, Mellow Yellow Monday, Inspiration Monday, Good Random Fun, Nature Notes, Grand Social, Our World Tuesday, Ruby Tuesday, You're Gonna Love It Tuesday, Wordless Wednesday, Oh My Heartsie Girl's Wonderful Wednesday, Outdoor Wednesday, Share Your Cup Thursday, Thoughts of Home on Thursday, Travel Photo Thursday, Friday Photo Journal, Skywatch Friday, Sweet Inspiration, Friday Features, Share It One More Time, Pink Saturday
Thank you to all the blog hosts!





0 Comments