Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Thoughts...probably TMI

In 1977, the NZ law for turning across oncoming traffic became ridiculous. It called for those creeping around the corner to yield give way to those crossing traffic. (I will pause and let you run through that scenario in your mind. Yes, in the US, right turns have to let those turning left into the same direction go first.) They are now considering changing it back to coincide with the rest of the world. Hoo-ray.

This metric thing still messes with my head. Not that I can't do any of the conversions--Puh-lease! I don't even try. I just ask hubby! No, it's the fact that it's not used for everything. I mean, if you're going to be metric, then BE METRIC! Don't be 'metric, except for the following things':
  • a dozen eggs
  • computer/tv screen size in inches
  • large amounts of liquid are termed in gallons
  • photo prints/picture frames sold in inches
  • recipes use cups and tea/tablespoons
Of course, NZ can't help but be a bit confused if the motherland of England buys litres of gas to travel in miles!!

Reporting here still sucks. 'They' expect you to know what you're reading about before you read their article. Does anyone besides me see the flaw in that logic?

I'm pretty sure I will never order a prawn pizza from Pizza Hut. (I don't think anybody should ever eat bottom-feeders.) And I still can't find any Italian sausage to make a 'real' pizza.

Hearing 'McDonalds' and 'Weight Watchers' in the same sentence without it being a full-swing comparison was something I never imagined I'd ever hear. I was wrong.

It's hard to believe that a phone service could bomb as badly as Telecom's XT phone service did. Click for news item. I'm glad we left them a while back.

I thought some things only happened in America, but even here a nuisance neighbor called the cops because he thought the neighborhood was harassing him by calling the noise control office--even though he was playing his music loud enough to be heard several blocks away! It seems that after the police did their 'courtesy calls' and gathered all the evidence that he was found listening to his music in the back garden again, but this time only he could hear it!

Now and then,I would love to be a fly on the wall of some advertising agencies. Maybe then I could figure out why the same Fujifilm cameras don't have the same number all around the world. Maybe Americans just like smaller numbers.

Post a Comment

0 Comments