Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Boomers

No, there are no Norman Esiason (or Chris Berman) cards in this post. "Boomers" are what the Aussies call their national basketball team. While there aren't any Aussie players in this post every card you see here arrived from the land of Steve Irwin and Heath Ledger. 

and this bloke

The only TCDB user that had any 2015-16 Donruss basketball cards I needed was JC Kazama. In order to acquire the card in question I sent him three Panini Prizm duplicates (including Aussie Dante Exum's RC) and six early '90s NBA stars, including two from 1993-94 sets. In return I got my coveted Terry Rozier RC:


But he needed some traveling companions to make the long journey to the Staits worthwhile.

I've never heard of any of these people. That Murdoch dame sounds suspicions though..



So I requested these:

Five more cards for my 1992-93 Topps Archives set build. This brings my total to 92 of the 150 cards in the set, or just under 62% of completion. I added the Whalers logo sticker from 1991-92 Panini to make an even 9 for 9 trade.

The other two cards in the deal were chromey singles that I found while browsing Justin's trade list. Bonzer swap, mate!


Do you have a favorite Australian athlete, celebrity, or pop culture icon? Have you ever bought or traded cards with someone from down under?



Thanks for reading!



~


Post a Comment

0 Comments